Classified as a historical monument, this fort was built by Vauban on the banks of the Gironde in 1689. It formed a line of protection on the estuary with the Citadel of Blaye and the Fort Paté. These three sites constituting the “lock of the estuary” have been classified as World Heritage by UNESCO within the Vauban network. Visit of the chapel, the powder magazine and the bakery. Museum: history of the village, etc…. Educational games are offered to leisure centers and school groups.